Turkey Chase Check List / Remindersi80
PLEASE READ for TURKEY CHASE: A little check list from our tech official to help your 2021 Turkey Chase go a little bit smoother:
1) Please take the time to make sure that all your lead is painted white and has your kart number on it. Also check the mounts to make sure they are not cracking. Use of double standard nuts, Lock Nuts, or Single Standard nut and pin or safety wire is acceptable. Any Lead found on the racetrack will result in disqualification regardless of the weight of the kart at the scale.
2) Make sure that all pedals, steering, and brake items are properly secured with safety wire, utilizes a safety clip, or a working nylock nut.
3) Congratulations on your super fancy wrap…Did you bother to look and see if the number is readable from 20 Feet away? While we do utilize transponders, in the event that yours stops registering or working we feel like you would still like credit for your position. Please take the time to make sure you have a number on the RF Corner of your flat kart as well as on both sides that is readable. Rear Number plates are helpful but not required. Cage Karts – Nose Number and Side numbers are required.
4) The Spec Fuel We use in the bulk of our classes is a non-ethanol fuel, if you race where ethanol is allowed, please make sure you take the time to properly clean out your fuel tank and your fuel jug. It is your responsibility to know what is in your tank. For the classes that practice only on Friday night you may use any fuel that you may have from your own local source if you choose to. We will gladly check your fuel to make sure it conforms to our baseline.
5) Transponder Pouches – Mount at the Base of the steering Column on Flat Karts. Mount on Rear Seatbelt Bar or directly below on Cage Karts (Standard Location for LSS/Mini-E)
6) Any Kart that leaves the designated tech area before having fuel tested after their race or post-race tech will be disqualified. Top 3 heat races, All Transfer Karts in B Features, Top 5 Feature Event.
7) Pre-Tech – Karts that race on Friday will be required to go through Pre-Tech on Friday Morning before hot laps. Please bring all safety gear with you to the scale area. If you do not Race on Friday and are only practicing the pre tech for those classes will be done Saturday morning.
8) Back Yard Karts and Jr 1/2/Adult Predator Flat Karts – We will be marking all 4 tires and recording serial numbers. You must hot lap, heat race, and run your feature using the same 4 tires. Once those tires go out for hot laps you cannot wash/clean or do anything to them. If you arrive in the line up for your race with cleaned/wet tires or tires that are not properly marked, you will not be allowed to race. In the event of a damaged tire It must be presented to the tech officials with the replacement tire, If they are of similar condition the driver will be allowed to retain his starting spot, replacement with a brand new tire will result in starting at the rear.
When you present the Kart for Pre-Tech on Saturday and Sunday all 4 Wheels Must be off the Kart for Marking Purposes
9) We understand that the same kart is used in multiple classes in some instances before you leave after a feature event if you are in the top 5 make sure your fuel Is checked and if you are in the top 3 that kart must stay in the tech area after its final race of the night. If you fail to leave kart in tech after final race and miss tech you will be disqualified from the earlier event. It is not our job to come find your kart.
10) Only Drivers are allowed in the scale area, No Crew Members allowed. Exception is Rookie Classes to help the drivers off the track. A maximum of 1 person plus the driver is allowed in the tech area during the event. 2 Adults allowed for Jr Classes.